Hi there! Thanks for your interest in submitting a Guest Post to WhyToRead.com.
We are interested in receiving expertly written, unique articles that are centered around the topic of reading and literacy. This is aimed to engage our current audience and inspire them to read more books.
Keep in mind that for this service, WhyToRead.com does charge a sponsored advertising fee.
Guest Post Guidelines
Before submitting your article to us, ensure you take note of the following guidelines:
- Your submission will be reviewed and if it will be beneficial to WhyToRead.com readers, it is likely
to be published.
- Posts must be unique, expertly written and not be published previously.
- Article length must be a minimum of 750 words long.
- Conduct a spelling and grammar check prior to submission (www.grammarly.com is great for this).
- Ensure any links are relevant to the topic and working.
- Product or book reviews may be accepted, however do not include any affiliate links.
- Use of headings, bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes the reading experience much better.
- Submit your proposed article via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Word document is our preferred format. Include any images which you would like to show (however, these are not
Guest posts are generally reviewed within 1 week and if accepted will be published within 1 week.
Tips To Get Your Article Published
- We can’t emphasise enough to proof read your article and ensure it has a good English reading flow. We are happy to fix up minor amendments, however we will ask you to resubmit it if this process takes up too much of our time.
- If you really want to impress us, place 1 Internal link within the article that links to other pages or
posts already on WhyToRead.com. Again, this saves us time and gets your post published sooner.
- Headings, headings, headings! This is probably the main thing we are constantly adding to the submissions we receive. Ensure your post has 1 x H1 heading (Title); at least 2 x H2 headings (Introduction and Conclusion); and H3 headings (Lists, Events, Key Contributions, Pros and Cons, etc). If unsure, look at the most recently published articles.
Topics We Will Publish
If you’re not 100% sure what to write about, here’s a suggested list of topics we are happy to publish on the site:
- Book reviews and summaries (in genres, authors etc)
- Author interviews, Q&As to create reader interest
- Benefits of reading
- How to improve reading skills
How To Submit Your Guest Post
If you would like to submit your guest post for review, please email your proposed post to email@example.com with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your full name
- The URL of your blog or website (if applicable)
- Your post title
- Your post in a word document (Google docs is also fine)
- Attach any relevant images in sufficient resolution for web
Guest Post Terms & Conditions
Please take note of the following prior submitting your article to us:
- Once your article has been published on WhyToRead.com, it becomes and remains the copyright property of WhyToRead.com
- WhyToRead.com editors will update, amend and add in additional internal and external links at their choosing.
Options for Advertising With Us also exist.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.