Today we recap Why Reading Is important with a review of past book lists dedicated to this subject.
Reading is recognized as giving you so many benefits. With the rise of technology and outsourcing of our brain to smartphones; those who can read and write effectively will succeed greater than those who cannot.
But being able to read and write effectively is not a preset destiny. You can change your brain by learning new things. So it stands to reason that you can learn to read. Learn to write. Learn to communicate much more effectively.
2. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” John Green – The Fault in Our Stars
5. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” C.S. Lewis
6. “It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.” Oscar Wilde
7. “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” Jane Austen – Pride and Prejudice
8. “When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” Desiderius Erasmus